Are you a fan of baking and delicious treats? Then you’ve probably heard of the famous Babish’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies! These cookies are a heavenly combination of crispy edges, soft centers, and gooey chocolate chips that will leave you craving for more. If you want to recreate these mouthwatering cookies in your own kitchen, then you’re in luck because we’ve put together the ultimate guide to making Babish’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Ingredients You Will Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure that your butter is at room temperature. If it’s too cold, it will be difficult to cream with the sugar.
- Don’t overmix the dough. Mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated, otherwise, your cookies may turn out tough.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking. This helps the cookies hold their shape and prevents them from spreading too much in the oven.
- If you prefer softer cookies, bake them for less time. If you like crispy edges, bake them for a little longer.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to expand while baking.
- You can add chopped nuts, toffee bits, or shredded coconut to the dough for extra flavor and texture.
Babish’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic treat that everyone loves. With this ultimate guide, you can easily recreate these cookies in your own kitchen and enjoy them whenever you want. Remember to follow the instructions carefully and use high-quality ingredients for the best results. Happy baking!