Prevention is better than cure they say, and it can’t be more true, particularly in the case of preventing grey hair from showing up all over your crown. Age, chronic stress, lack of essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, wrong dietary habits, along with environmental stressors play a big role in greying of hair, not to forget that genetics plays a bigger part. Wondering how dark hair turns into grey/white with these factors contributing? Certain cells called as “melanocytes” impart dark pigment to hair cells with keratin content when it grows out of its follicle. The above-mentioned factors affect this activity, and that’s why dark hair turns grey/white. There are two golden tips to delay greying of hair – reduce stress and eat a balanced diet, high on nutrition. Check out the Rati Beauty diet that would also help you get lean as well.
Nutrients That Prevent Grey Hair:
We should place a lot of importance on our diet because we need nutrients, vitamins and minerals to help hair follicles produce melanin that imparts hair its color. Lack of nutrition triggers a lot of hair issues – hair fall, premature greying, brittle hair are just some of them. We would particularly underline protein, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, iron, copper, vitamin B5, Biotin, Manganese, vitamin B12, folic acid, selenium, zinc, etc.
Taking all the above-mentioned nutrients into consideration, here are some foods to add to your diet to prevent grey hair from sprouting up randomly in your mane.
1. Eggs: Rich in protein, healthy fats, biotin, and even trace minerals like selenium.
2. Carrots: Has beta-carotene, vitamin A, E.
3. Spinach: Rich in folate, vitamin A, C, and iron.
4. Chickpeas: Rich in protein and manganese, zinc, folate.
5. Dark Chocolate: Rich in antioxidants, has minerals like copper, iron, and zinc.
6. Yogurt: Rich in protein, lactic acid which promotes healthy hair.
7. Leafy Green Vegetables: You should absolutely eat leafy green veggies – they are loaded with nutrients and less in calories too. Nutrients such as vitamin A, iron, copper, folate, protein, etc. are great for hair.
8. Almonds: Rich in vitamin A, E, and B vitamins – almonds are great for skin, hair, and even nails.
9. Lentils: They are a great source of protein, copper, and trace minerals, also B vitamins that boost hair growth.
10. Jaggery: Rich in iron, it also prevents hair fall and improves blood circulation, and what’s best, you can replaced unhealthy refined sugar with gud or jaggery.
11. Fish: The omega-3 fatty acids in fish and the protein factor make fish a great food for healthy hair.
12. Walnuts: They have biotin, vitamin A, E, and also magnesium – all great for beautiful hair and to delay white hair.
13. Broccoli: Vitamin C and vitamin A in broccoli make it a superfood for hair.
14. Papaya: The abundant quantity of vitamin A in papaya is absolutely great for all hair types and takes care of a lot of haircare woes.
15. Sweet Potatoes: They are loaded with vitamin B6, vitamin A, D, that all help to delay premature greying of hair.
Include these 15 foods in your daily diet and your hair would shine, feel soft, and retain its natural color for long.