Are you a lifestyle blogger looking for new blog post ideas to attract your target audience?
If so, you’ve come to the right place! Below I’m sharing 100 lifestyle blog post ideas you can use when you’ve got a case of writer’s block or you’re just looking for some new content ideas.
Before we get started, the term ‘lifestyle blogger’ can be a bit broad, so I wanted to define it for you…
- 1 What is a Lifestyle Blog?
- 2 Lifestyle Blog Categories
- 3 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- 3.1 Personal Life Blog Content Ideas
- 3.2 Health and Wellness Blog Topics
- 3.3 Family & Parenting Blog Content Ideas
- 3.4 Personal Growth Blog Topics
- 3.5 Money & Frugal Living Blog Post Ideas
- 3.6 Home & Garden Content Ideas
- 3.7 Travel Post Ideas
- 3.8 Fashion & Beauty Blog Content
- 3.9 Relationships
- 3.10 Blogging & Social Media Tips
- 4 Seasonal Lifestyle Blog Content
What is a Lifestyle Blog?
Being a lifestyle blogger can be defined in a few different ways.
Media Kix defines a lifestyle blog as.
This means that the content on various lifestyle blogs will never be the same.
One blogger may have a passion for food, personal growth and bullet journals, so these lifestyle blog topics will be covered. While another lifestyle blogger may love all things tea, minimalism and self care so that’s the content you’ll find.
People who follow a lifestyle blog typically get to know the blogger on a more personal level than with other blogs.
Lifestyle Blog Categories
Before we get into specific lifestyle blog topics, let’s discuss some popular content categories.
It’s important to define the blog categories you want to write about on your blog. Why?
- So your readers will know what to expect from you
- Writing about consistent topics gives you a better chance of showing up in search engine results, as Google will begin to see you as an authority in specific content categories
- It’s easier to organize your content in the navigation of your website
What are some lifestyle categories you can add to your blog?
- Personal Life
- Health and Wellness
- Family & Parenting
- Personal Growth
- Money & Frugal Living
- Home & Garden
- Fashion & Beauty
- Blogging & Social Media Tips
As you can see the above categories cover a lot and there can also be a lot more to add to this depending on a lifestyle blogger’s interests.
Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
The blog categories above are a great starting ground to generate some lifestyle blog post ideas. I am using these broad topics to give you 100 new lifestyle content ideas you can begin to use.
Personal Life Blog Content Ideas
1. How you became a blogger
2. What you’ve learned this past year
3. Quarterly personal goals
4. Best purchases of the month – share your fave books, a cute top, a planner, etc
5. Share your word of the year – Creating your own ‘word of the year‘ has become quite popular in recent years as a way to help create intention with your life.
6. Share a personal story on how you got through a hard time or overcame an obstacle
7. Give advice to your younger self
8. Monthly or quarterly life update – New job? Recently moved? Planning a trip? Share anything new and interesting about your life that your readers will be interested in.
9. Create and share your personal bucket list
10. Share what you’re reading this month
Personal Life Content Tip: Even when you are writing personal stories or sharing personal experiences, always find ways to make the content relevant to your readers. Share something you learned that you think will benefit them or ask them to share their similar experiences.
Health and Wellness Blog Topics
11. Your nightly self care routine
12. Relaxing essential oil blends you love
13. My best hacks for a restful nights sleep
14. My 30 day clean eating challenge
15. Healthy lunches to take to work
16. Share a personal story on how you reached a health goal
17. Your daily fitness routine
18. Round up of your favourite smoothie recipes
19. Top tips to reduce stress
20. Why I switched to natural deodorant and how you can too
Family & Parenting Blog Content Ideas
21. Family dinners and meal planning printable
22. Top family traditions for [enter holiday here] … could be Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc
23. How to create the ultimate family games night
24. Mindfulness activities for kids
25. Easy lunch box ideas for your picky kids
26. Our family morning routine
27. Share a personal story about mom guilt
28. Blogger round-up of favourite family recipes
29. Chores list (and printable) for kids, by age
30. Life lessons I’ve learned from being a parent
Personal Growth Blog Topics
31. How I’m living more intentional this year
32. Tips to reach your personal goals
33. How I maintain a balanced work and life routine
34. How to stop comparing yourself to others
35. Top 10 list of feel-good activities
36. 30 day self love challenge
37. Share how you use your bullet journal for self care or productivity
38. Write a review on a personal growth book you loved
39. Top ways you practice gratitude
40. Hobbies to try this year
Money & Frugal Living Blog Post Ideas
41. How I save $xxx every month
42. Ways to spend less at the grocery store
43. Share a frugal living hack you stick to every month
44. Share how you cut back on spending to reach a big goal
45. List your top money saving apps
46. Share your best no spend activities for weekends
47. List the go-to money and personal finance blogs you love
48. How to save money at the grocery store
49. Side hustles to make extra cash from home
50. Money lessons you’ve learned the hard way
Home & Garden Content Ideas
51. Creating a hygge living room
51. How to make the switch to eco-friendly cleaning products
52. Our staging tips for selling our home
53. Ways to get your home ready for spring (or any season)
54. Declutter checklist and printable
55. Easy plants for first time gardeners
56. Round up of front porch welcome mats
57. Downsizing your home and how it improves your life
58. How to declutter your kitchen fast
59. Top 10 plants for your first vegetable garden
60. How less is more & why we created a minimalist home
Travel Post Ideas
61. My travel bucket list and how to make yours
62. How I save enough money to travel 3x a year
63. Gift guide for travel junkies
64. Quotes to inspire a love of travel
65. Things to see and do in your home town
66. Tips to travel on the cheap
67. My top destination spot for solo travellers
68. Photography tips for your next trip
69. What to pack for a trip to South East Asia
70. Tips for travelling on a budget
Fashion & Beauty Blog Content
70. How to build a capsule wardrobe
71. This month’s top fashion/beauty finds
72. Share your top organic makeup brands
73. DIY face mask recipe
74. Outfit ideas for a night out with friends
75. Tips to create a ‘no makeup’ look
76. Beauty tips for dry skin
77. My top Amazon fashion finds for spring (or any season)
78. How to select the best accessories for any outfit
79. Hair accessories for those messy hair days
80. How and why to create a ‘uniform’ for work
80. Affordable date night ideas
81. Relationship or friendship bucket list
82. How to balance family and your marriage
83. How to maintain strong friendships as an adult
84. Habits of happy couples (blogger roundup)
85. Understanding your partner’s love language
86. A look back at your wedding day with photos included (reach out to the place you were married and see if you can arrange a sponsored post like I did!)
87. Share your ‘how you met’ story
88. How to communicate effectively in your relationship
89. Acts of kindness you can practice in your relationship
90. Share a relationship challenge and how you plan to get through it (or how you overcame it)
Blogging & Social Media Tips
91. How to get genuine social media followers
92. Explain how blogging changed your life
93. Monthly blogging goals and strategies
94. How to network as a blogger
95. The best blogging resources for a successful blog
96. My blogiversary – highlights from the past year
97. My preferred social media platform and why
98. How to increase your blog post shares
99. How to attract your ideal reader
100. What you have learned as a blogger
Seasonal Lifestyle Blog Content
The one main area we have not discussed is seasonal content.
This can be a big part of lifestyle blog content, to the point where I recommend you create a content calendar and start by adding all of the holidays for the year.
I’m talking about Valentines, Easter, back to school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas/Holidays.
Adding seasonal content to your lifestyle blog is a great way to make a great impact to your blog traffic.