Total time: 0:30
Serves: 2 people
- 200 g. butternut squash, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 75 g. orzo pasta
- 100 g. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25 g. toasted flaked almonds
- 200 g. smoked mackerel fillets, boned and skinned
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 60 g. pack steve’s leaves pea shoots & baby leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Place the squash on a baking tray, toss with the oil and roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water for 9-10 minutes or until tender, drain and cool under cold water.
- Mix with the tomatoes, almonds and roasted squash.
- Break the mackerel into pieces and mix into the orzo mixture.
- Place the avocado flesh in a jug with the vinegar and 1 tbsp water and blitz with a hand-held stick blender until smooth, season.
- Toss the orzo mixture into the peashoots and baby leaves with half the avocado dressing and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle over the remaining dressing.