Total time: 0:35
Serves: 2 people
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. harissa paste
- 1 wholemeal pitta
- 75 g. couscous
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 400 g. can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 60 g. pack steve’s leaves pea shoots & baby leaves
- 50 g. pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray and toss in the cumin seeds and 1 tbsp oil, season and roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the harissa with the remaining oil and brush over both sides of the pitta, tear into bite sized pieces and scatter over the aubergine and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a small bowl and pour over 75ml boiling water, cover with clingfilm and leave for 5 minutes then fluff up with a fork.
- Mix in the onion, chick peas and aubergine mixture.
- Whisk the molasses and vinegar into the remaining harissa paste and toss into the couscous.
- Gently toss in the peashoots and baby leaves and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.